Sunday 8 April 2012

Time Flys!

My Little One turned One this week. I can hardly get my head around just where this year has gone it literally feels like yesterday that we tentatively carried our tiny new bundle through the front door and now here she is strutting around the place winning us all over with just the smallest smile. So little time and yet my world has changed completely and forever. To mark this special landmark I decided to make her a cake. I love to bake but don't get the opportunity to do it so often these days. I decided on a Lemon drizzle sponge as that is my absolute favourite flavour in the spring and have noticed that Scrappy is partial to zesty flavours herself. I layered it with lemon cream cheese frosting and Lemon curd and yes, it was delicious if i do say so myself.
I had planned to sit and make her card the night before her birthday however Bubs had plans of her own and refused to go down to sleep so I ended up having to throw one together really quickly when she finally flaked out. I worked on the same theme as the tag that I made earlier in the week as I quite like how it turned out. I think the card could have done with a couple of pearls or sparkles, but considering it was a rush job I can't be overly critical :)
This last year has been the hardest and yet the most rewarding and most wonderful of my life. Who knows what this next year has in store for my precious little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment