Wednesday 27 June 2012

Sundae Special.

    Just a quick check in to say 'Yes! I am still alive.' My paper craft projects have been thin on the ground recently but I thought I'd share the card I made for my sister's birthday. A while back we were talking about ice cream as you do, Ben & Jerry's to be precise and she mentioned that her favourite flavour was Oatmeal Cookie Crunch. They only released it here for a limited time, and seeing as I'd just invested in an ice cream maker and the Ben & Jerry's recipe book(LUSH), I thought I'd give it a go for one of her birthday treats.

   To keep with the theme I changed up my Flower Pot Card and turned it into an Ice Cream Cone Card instead. I used the ScorePal to mark the waffle pattern on the cone and then cut out the ice cream balls with the 1 3/4 circle punch in Very Vanilla, Soft Suede and Pink Pirouette. The flake I cut out of Chocolate Chip with the Word Window punch then I put it through the crimper to give it texture. I would have liked to emboss the ice cream balls to make them stand out a bit more but once again I was crafting one handed with a whining child in the other arm!

No comments:

Post a Comment