Tuesday 5 February 2013

A Party to Remember!

I am finally getting around to putting up a post about my Mum's 60th Party; that took up so much of my time and attention over the last few months! I will let the pictures do most of the talking! Ironically for a Stamping Blog; it completely slipped my mind to take a single picture of the ready made scrap book that I made up for Mum to record the night in. I made up 20 double sided pages in the colours of the night; black, white, and pink, and decorated them with die cuts, brads and pretty ribbons, so the pages were all ready to add pictures and mementos of the night.



The cake was a task in its self being a 3 tier job with 30 handmade dog roses. Getting it made in time with a very active and demanding 1 1/2 yr old, was nothing short of a miracle. I went for a different cake flavour for each tier. Victoria sponge for the top, Lemon sponge with lemon curd for the middle( my favorite) and Chocolate with chocolate ganache for the bottom. For my first attempt at a tiered cake I have to admit to being pretty chuffed with the results and they're all thanks to the wonderful step by step directions in the Peggy Porschen book 'Romantic Cakes'. Her Cakes, and her books are exquisite and such an inspiration to me. I own all of her books and often flick through them for inspiration or just to admire the beauty and there are some excellent 'Go-to' recipes. I remember Mum seeing it in the book when I was flicking through it with her just after I bought; it and saying how lovely it was so I made a mental note ( always a forward thinker!) and just knew this cake would be what I would be cracking out for her 60th. She deserved something spectacular!
 

   My sweet wonderful husband worked like a trooper getting all the decorations up all by himself while Sis and I slaved away in the kitchen cooking up a feast! It is quite a task catering for so many people, I hope Lil' Miss has no plans of ever getting married! I don't think I could face something on this scale EVER AGAIN, maybe with a little more help...!



   If a buffet isn't great enough, getting to enjoy it 2 days in a row is pretty fabulous. There were 2 parties, of course! The first on Friday night and then the 'After Party' clearing up on the Saturday morning, in fact I think I enjoyed Saturday more as the pressure was finally off and my outfit was a darn sight more comfortable!We cranked up the music scoffed toasted cheese sandwiches, and cleared away all the goodness of the night before.

                        Phew so that was it. 3 months of work over and the effort was all worth it!
                         Mum I love you! And of course you only turn 60 once. Thank goodness!













No comments:

Post a Comment